[Evolution] Chinese support in Evolution?

Sorry if this is being asked before but I don't remember this topic
coming up in the last couple of months.

I am trying to read some messages sent to me that contains Chinese
characters and Evolution doesn't seem to display them properly. I've
tried switching the character encoding (Big5, GB, HZ,ISO) using the menu
item but that does not seem to do anything other than changing the
garbage characters that is displaced where I am expecting Chinese.

Is this because I am missing fonts or is it something else?

Running Evolution 1.1.0 on update to date RH 7.2 on a Intel box.

Thanks
Spencer