[Evolution] mail component crash

While downloading my mail (I receive a large quantity of e-mail every day)
the latest version of Evolution reports the following error, in the form
of a dialog box:

Error
The Evolution component that handles folders of type "mail"
has unexpectedly quit.  You will need to quit Evolution and restart
in order to access that data again.

All I can do is click ok in this window.  At first I thought the problem
might be due to some corrupt message on my server, so I telnet'ed in and
read/deleted all my e-mail via elm.  The problem repeated next time I used
evolution, and does so consistently.  Each time it "unexpectedly quits" at
a different point of the mail transfer.

Any help would be much appreciated, as is your prompt response.

~cclay