Re: [Evolution] archiving old mail?

As long as you delete the mbox.ev-summary files that correspond to any
mbox files that you change, Evolution will be okay.

Jeff

On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 08:01, John Klassa wrote:

I'd like to archive old mail, automatically.  When I used MH, it was
simple enough to write a script to use the relevant MH commands to find
mail older than a month and move it into an "archive" subfolder.

With Evolution, it ought to be reasonably straightforward, given that
the mail is stored in an mbox-style file.  My only fear is that if I
move mail out of a file (while Evolution is shut down, of course :-)),
I'll confuse its indexing mechanism.

So, my questions:

1.  Anybody done this already and care to share?

2.  Need I fear the indexing, or will Evolution notice the difference in
the mtimes and reindex on its own?

3.  Is there some nifty, hidden API that'll help me do this, so that I
don't have to munge the files directly?

Thanks!

John

--
John Klassa / Cisco Systems / RTP, NC / USA / klassa cisco com / <><
        [ Save bits!  Don't quote entire threads in your reply. ]