Re: [Evolution] retrieve mail times

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 20:43, Ian Goldberg wrote:

Hi,

RH7.1, evolution versions since the middle of last year.

I use fetchmail to get my mail from various servers and spool it on my
local machine. I use pop to get it into evolution from my local machine.
What I've noticed is that mail which has an applicable filter to put it
in another folder (besides inbox) is processed almost immediately, while
mail that is destined for inbox (no filter applies) takes roughly 30
seconds. Anybody know why or how to fix this?

Is your inbox huge?  That could slow down additions to it.

   - Ian

No, this happens with even just one small test message in my spool and
nothing in inbox. I also tried it with "local delivery" instead of pop.
There's a big file called mbox.ibex. What is that? I tried renaming it
to xxx.mbox.ibex.xxx but it didn't help, and the timestamp on it still
gets updated after mail retrieval even with it's new name. Should I
delete it? Also the CPU goes to 90+ % during the retrieval time.

[jweber ceora Inbox]$ pwd
/home/jweber/evolution/local/Inbox
[jweber ceora Inbox]$ ls -l
total 20868
-rw-r--r--    1 jweber   jweber        103 Jul 24  2001 folder-metadata.xml
-rw-rw-r--    1 jweber   jweber         95 Jan 29 13:19 local-metadata.xml
-rw-------    1 jweber   jweber          0 Jan 29 21:15 mbox
-rw-------    1 jweber   jweber      43885 Jan 29 21:15 mbox.ev-summary
-rw-------    1 jweber   jweber   21286144 Jan 29 21:15 mbox.ibex
[jweber ceora Inbox]$