[Evolution] retrieve mail times

Hi,

RH7.1, evolution versions since the middle of last year.

I use fetchmail to get my mail from various servers and spool it on my
local machine. I use pop to get it into evolution from my local machine.
What I've noticed is that mail which has an applicable filter to put it
in another folder (besides inbox) is processed almost immediately, while
mail that is destined for inbox (no filter applies) takes roughly 30
seconds. Anybody know why or how to fix this?

Thanks

--
John S. Weber
jweber math cudenver edu