Re: [Evolution] Nasty summary text

Op ma 28-01-2002, om 02:18 schreef Chris Slater:
I have had simmilar issues using GNotices as my feed. Crashes happen
mostly in the excecutive module, though the mail module sometimes barfs
as well. I don't use locales though, and I do have a Linux From Scratch
distibution.

I notice the same behaviour for all feeds, not only Freshmeat and
Slashdot. When an rdb file can't be found, there are normal characters
tho :)

BTW: To Marc... how did you manage to build Evolution? I've been having
a lot of trouble getting the make process done, and I ended up forcing
an RPM in :-/

I just used all latest Gnome packages (installed from scratch) and built
Evolution on top of that. It went very smoothly, but you need to have db
3.1.17 installed somewhere outside your normally used filetree (I used
/opt/db3). Then, configure evolution with --with-db3=/opt/db3 and
everything should go smoothly. You can rm -rf /opt/db3 after installing
evolution, since the db libraries are linked in statically.

[..]

--
"Mooh!"
- A Cow.