[Evolution] Sorting mail

Folks,

        I don't like using the preview pane option in evolution because I can't
see the whole mail without jumping about all the time.

        The problem is that if I open a mail and then click the arrows to move
to next or previous it doesn't follow the thread.

        Can someone tell me how I should setup sorting etc. in a folder so that
I can move from message to message sequentially through a thread?

TIA,

Jim