RE: [Evolution] Turn off spell

-----Original Message-----
From: evolution-admin ximian com
[mailto:evolution-admin ximian com] On Behalf Of Berend De Schouwer
Sent: Friday, 18 January 2002 10:02 PM
To: Ross Burton
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Turn off spell

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 12:12, Ross Burton wrote:
On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 21:58, Jim Harritt wrote:
I have the opposite problem.  How do I turn ON spell checking?
I have "Enable spell checking" checking in the config
manager, but no
spell checking is done and "Spell check document" is
greyed out in the
Edit menu. Am I missing a package or something?

Yes. I have this too. :(

I'm running Debian unstable and have the dist packaged evolution
installed.  I've also installed aspell and ispell.
Spellchecking works
in other packages (i.e. AbiWord)

Evolution uses the gnome-spell Bonobo component, which as
far as I known
is not packaged in unstable.  There is a package floating
around which
someone built, but I could not get it to work.

I got the gnome-spell (0.4?) source from ftp.gnome.org, and a
gnome-spell-debdir.tgz, and made my own debs.  I found the tarball by
filename on google.

There's also an unofficial deb at:

http://www.luyer.net/EvoBuilds/spell-checking/gnome-spell_0.3-0_i386.deb

(and associated sources at a similar URL)

Haven't touched it for months but it still works fine for me.  However
you have to make sure you have all the ispell and aspell packages
installed.

I'm surprised nobody has officially packaged this yet that I can see :/
It's a little (25kb) package.

David.
--
David Luyer                                     Phone:   +61 3 9674 7525
Network Manager                P A C I F I C    Fax:     +61 3 9699 8693