[Evolution] Migrating from Outlook

Hi everyone. Hopefully this won't be irrelevant to everyone... Like a
lot of people, I came to Evolution from Outlook, so I was faced with
this problem of migrating all of my data. After looking through the
archives and on Ximian's web site, I discovered there wasn't an easy way
of getting my contacts over, and no way at all of getting my to do list
and calendar over, so I wrote one. It's a program called Outport which
you can get at:

http://www.cyberus.ca/~phoenix/outport/

It's a windows program that generates the files in the required layout
and format for Evolution. You can then just copy them onto your Linux
box and Evolution just picks them up. It doesn't handle email yet (it
was a low priority for me, but I'll get to it), but it handles the
contacts, calendar and to do list well.

It's released under the GPL, I do plan on continuing to develop it. If
you have comments, I'd be interested in hearing them. I'll set up a
SourceForge project for it if there's sufficient interest. Hope it's
helpful.

Paul Thompson