Re: [Evolution] Dreaded "Cannot access Bonobo/Config =?iso-8859-1?q?Database on wombat=3A?= (IDL:OAF/General Error 1.0)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:46, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 19:44, Hamish Bain wrote:
As follows:

GnomeVFS-ERROR**:  Could not open
/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-1.0/libgnomevfs-pthread.so:
/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-1.0/libgnomevfs-pthread.so: (same as above)
cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

Hmmm looks like your gnome-vfs installation is messed up for some
reason.  Can you try un-installing and re-installing it?

I have seen it before, but I am not sure why people get this kind of
problem.

That worked thanks, Ettore:  in this case it was Red Carpet that did the
messing, as I've since recalled a problem with the vfs rpm at the time.  Red
Carpet has caused me quite a bit of angst - I seem to get caught in endless
loops when it downloads dependent packages then insists they aren't there,
etc., etc.   But also thanks to Miles Lane and Anton Winter (same headers
25/02) - both of their suggestions seem to have overcome these problems.

Other news is that the original problem (my e-mail 2002-02-13 Just upgraded
to 1.0.2) has fixed itself in the process, and "New Message" behaves
correctly.  So no need for the stack trace...