Re: [Evolution] CAPA command

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 10:30, Ti Leggett wrote:
I recently received an email from an admin of one of my mail accounts
saying that his POP server's logs showed some errors about CAPA commands
and that my client (that being evolution) was one of these generating
errors. My question: what is CAPA and how can i shut it off?

CAPA is the POP3 extension command for finding out about non-standard
capabilities of POP servers. Eg:

    Connected to peabody.ximian.com.
    +OK Hello there.
    CAPA
    +OK Here's what I can do:
    TOP
    USER
    LOGIN-DELAY 10
    PIPELINING
    UIDL
    IMPLEMENTATION Courier Mail Server
    .

Older POP servers don't implement it, but it shouldn't hurt anything.
The server just returns "-ERR" instead of "+OK" and Evolution assumes it
doesn't implement any extensions. There's no way to make it not send the
command.

-- Dan