[Evolution] Composer problem evolution v1.0.2

When I try to compose a new message, reply to a messag, or forward a
message,
I get "Could not create composer window: Unable to activate HTML editor
component".

I have already tried:
1) making sure my libgtkhtml and gtkhtml are same version (v1.0.1)
2) running ev-kill (or whatever its called) AND oaf-slay
3) deleting everything in /tmp/orbit-root
4) made sure that the gnome gtk html editor is in my path (even tested it
with gdb based on
        an older message in the list archive but got no errors)

I'm using gal-0.19, gtkhtml-1.0.1 and bonobo-conf-0.14
compiling for SuSE Linux v7.1 on an UltraSparc5.

Please help! Everything else works great and the main reason I installed
Evolution was to
use the mail program to get away from Mozilla (for mail).

Thanks