Re: [Evolution] Problems sending mail

Try configuring Evolution to not use authentication for SMTP and odds
are it will work because your postfix server doesn't support
authentication at all.

Jeff

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 18:30, Juan Luis Baptiste wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Evolution 1.0 and I have to say it's great!

But I'm having trouble sending mail. I have tried all the authentication
methods but all failed with tthis message:

RCPT TO response error: Transaction failed: mail not send

the mail server is postfix in it's default configuration... I think.

Is the problem with evoultion or with the mail server?

Thanks for your answers.

--
Juan Luis Baptiste M.
http://www.merlinux.org