Re: [Evolution] Replying

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 14:02, Guenther Theilen wrote:

when I reply to a mail which is filtered into a folder Evolution takes
my standard mail account as sender-address, even if the mail was
originally sent to another account.

I don't think the folder thing is relevant: maybe that message is
filtered in a folder because comes from a mailing list or expanded
alias, and therefore doesn't have any of your addresses in a To: or Cc:
field. This way, Evo doesn't know to which address the message was
actually sent.

At least, that's how it's working on my box.

Bug or feature?

Maybe bug, but understanding which address is subscribed to the list
looks to me quite complicated to achieve (you should parse the Received:
headers, I believe).

Another way to fix to symptom would be an option to specify which
identity applies in a specific folder. I would love this feature.

--
Alessio F. Bragadini            alessio albourne com
APL Financial Services          http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
                -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925