[Evolution] LDAP question: schema detection

[Retrying this because of sending troubles]

Hi everybody,

this is a problem i've had for a while, but by now it's bothering me
_very_ much: evo (currently running 1.0.2) doesn't recognize / allow me
to use the extended LDAP attributes.

Basically I run an OpenLDAP 2.0.14 server (debian, -1.1) which i want to
use to store my addressbook. The server has the evolutionperson.schema
installed and makes heavy use of access controll directives.

It took me quite a while to figure out how to allow the querying for
"cn=subschema" in a way that every user could do this, not only the
admin (with otherwise rather unpermissive rules). I came up with the
following (which could maybe be documented somewhere):

        access to dn="^cn=subschema$$"
                by users read

at the beginnig of each database section (before other acls).
Note, however, that doing the query manually for anonymous binds does
not work, _even if I replace "users" above by "*"_ ! I'm not sure why
this is.

However, if I read evo's code correctly in that regard, the subschema
query should be repeated after authenticating with the DN, so it
actually should find the schema and allow me to use the other attributes
- but it doesn't. (BTW using evo --debug=... didn't help me at all,
because it doesn't output anything.)

Hope anybody can help me there.
TIA,
  Philipp