Re: [Evolution] Palm/PDA and Evolution Mail?

On 火, 2002-12-31 at 15:43, Paul Rodriguez wrote:
Hi, is there a way to sync my mail between evolution and the palm?  And
if not, will this be implemented soon?

I got a Palm for Christmas, but it's not much use to me if I can't read
and respond to my mail when away from my computer.

It's a piece of cake. I do it all the time. How to do it, though,
depends on what model Palm you're using and what distribution you're
running. On my RedHat 7.3 system at home I just installed the
pilot-link, gnome-pilot, gnome-pilot-conduits, gnome-pilot-capplet (I
don't know if this is really necessary -- I don't use the gnome desktop,
so it probably isn't for me) and evolution-pilot packages. On my Gentoo
box at the office I just did USE=pda emerge evolution.

I use a Palm M515, which has the USB interface. If yours does, too,
you'll need the visor.o and usbserial.o kernel modules. I think the
default RedHat kernel includes those modules, but if not, or if you're
like me and you build your own kernel, you have to rebuild the kernel
with those modules included (you'll need at least 2.4.19). Then it's
just a matter of configuring the pilot and conduits in the gnome control
center, loading gpilotd and pushing the hot sync button.

--
Stuart Luppescu       -=- s-luppescu uchicago edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR