[Evolution] NOT sending HTML mail

I've recently updated to evolution 1.2.1 from 1.0.8.  While I've enjoyed
evolution in the past, I'm now having a problem with it that is really
starting to annoy me.

I need to be able to send plain-text messages, with no HTML encoding.
For some reason, evolution 1.2.1 won't let me do that.  No matter how I
set the "Format messages in HTML" check in "Composer Preferences", I get
an HTML section in my messages.

Is there any way to get this turned off?

        /dwight
--
Dwight N. Tovey
Email: dwight dtovey net