Re: [Evolution] 'syncing' evolution.

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 01:27, Not Zed wrote:
On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 02:30, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 05:56, Not Zed wrote:
On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 12:47, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 18:35, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 13:07, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
[...]
Sorry, but my question is completely different from what was asked in
these threads. I have evo running 24/7 on both machines. When getting
home the mails that are already read appear as unread mail. I do not
want to exit evo. All I want is evo to refresh its 'read' mail status.

Evolution currently cannot operate in this mode.  You need to quit one
of the clients to pick up the changes.

looks like going to offline mode and then to online mode also causes a
full rescan. however this still takes ages compared to just rescanning
whose read/unread mail counts.

It doesn't require a full re-scan, but it does require a scan of all
flags and messages.  IMAP has no other way of notifying off-line updates
to folders, so it is either this, or you have an invalid image of the
folder which isn't acceptable to most users.

Maybe that is the case for vFolders. But when beeing in INBOX only the
unread mail numbers have to be updated and all messages have to be
rescanned that are in the current folder (here INBOX)...
Does evo do a full rescan of all messages at the start to be more
responsive when switching between folders ? If so well then indeed a
refresh all button/menu entry is what I would vote for...

Soeren.