Re: [Evolution] Shortcuts

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 14:36, Eric Lambart wrote:
On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 13:49, Dave Barton wrote:

Good point. I fell into the same trap as the developers did and forgot
about non-US keyboards. Anyone know why toggle preview pane was changed
from the 'Q' key ?

All alphabetic shortcuts were removed to support some silly MS Outlook
feature (if you sort messages by From, To or Subject you're supposed to
be able to type the first few letters of a one of those fields and find
those messages immediately, i.e. sorting by "From" and then typing
"Eric" should find my messages.)  I guess some people must use this
instead of just sorting and scrolling until you find "Eric", which seems
simpler to me.

Actually it was because post-outlook users couldn't see the "search" bar
at the top of the mail window, and use sort->press key to run a
"search".