[Evolution] Sync Palm with 1.2 and Redhat 8 Problems

Hi

First time posting to this list, so I hope I'm clear.  I have read NOvember and December's list, and see I'm not alone with problems syncing my Palm with Evolution.

I can connect with the pilot-xfer command.  First I press the hotsync button, then I very quickly type the approprate pilot-xfer command, and it will sync to the appropriate directory.

however, I can't get it to sync with Evolution.  With 1.08, I just pressed the button, and it worked.  I could see all the updated entries in addresses and datebook in the Evolution program.  Now, I can use pilot-xfer to back up the files, but I can't see the changes in Evolution.

I'm hearing lots of different theories, and I'm sure it's being worked on, but is there anyone with a workaround that works NOW, so I can keep Evolution and my Palm in sync.

I'm connected with a USB cradle, and have linked /dev/pilot to /dev/ttyUSB1.  I have the permissions set properly.  Not only doesn't it sync, but I can't even run the wizard that runs first time.  When it asks you to press the hotsync button to get info from the Palm, it freezes.

I read in one post in the archive that there should be a /dev/cradle.  Is that true?
Should I have gpilotd running all the time.  It does not run by default at boot time.

Thanks

Harry Fine
Toronto, Ontario Canada