*get* a useful trace without which, I can't fix the bug (unless you can
tell me exactly how to reproduce it on my box).

Jeff

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 14:33, Romain wrote:
Uh,

Any *constructive* comments on that one ?
gdb sure isn't the cause for evolution crash ...

Thanks,

Romain

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Stedfast [mailto:fejj ximian com]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 8:34 PM
To: Romain
Subject: RE: [Evolution] Evolution crashes when attempting to
saveattachment

*shrug*

Sounds like your gdb is broken or something.

Jeff

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 14:19, Romain wrote:
Hello,

Once again, I tried debugging again and again. I never could.
After having
waited for like 2 minutes for gdb to output the bt for the
thread, I have to
killev in order to regain control of my computer.
However, here's what I could get from it :

1 : gdb evolution -> run -> [crashing evo] -> Program received signal
SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x40ec4c74 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
thread apply all bt :
Thread 1 (Thread 1024 (LWP 32444)):
#0 0x40ec4c74 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1 0x40dcd734 in g_source_remove_by_funcs_user_data () from
/usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0
Cannot access memory at address 0xf

(ie exactly the same as last time)

Doing this and not killing evo (killev) quick enough resulted
in a global
freeze of the system, for about 5 minutes. The bg tasks seem to
be running
quite well though, for proof this mail is being sent from a
MASQ'ed windows
host ...

2 : gdb evolution-mail -> run -> [runing then trying to
crashing evo] unable
to crash ...
(meaning it works fine eh)

?!?!