Re: [Evolution] Downloading mail from multiple accounts

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 15:09, Greg Macek wrote:
As Evolution is now (1.0.8 for me), when I choose to download my mail,
it attempts to grab all mail from every enabled account at once (4
accounts). While for the most part this isn't a huge deal because I'm
usually on some high-speed Internet connection, my concern is that while
I'm on dial-up, this method of simultaneously fetching mail could bog
down a 56K dialup session, esp. if there is a lot of mail. Are there any
plans or foreseen need to serialize the mail download process? It would
seem that Evolution would have less to do at once, but maybe that
doesn't matter. :-)

I don't think we'd serialize the mail fetching, as most of the time it
wouldn't even really help. If you're having bandwidth problems, I
suppose you could try temporarily disabling some of your accounts.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"[Ninjas] are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet."
  -- REAL Ultimate Power