Re: Re: [Evolution] Dictionary broken

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 02:44, evolution-admin ximian com wrote:

Message: 8
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Dictionary broken
From: "Carlos 'Fjrb' Almeida" <fjrb netcabo pt>
To: Evolution List <evolution ximian com>
Date: 22 Aug 2002 19:02:20 +0100

The FAQ for evolution seemed to answer my problem exactly.  It was given
thus:

"My spell-checker used to work, but now it's stopped, and I don't know
why. It hasn't just stopped working in Evolution-- it doesn't work
anywhere!"

I implemented the fix suggested for that problem in the FAQ but it had
no effect on the spell-checking by evolution.  The spell check option is
simply greyed-out from the menu (>Edit>Spell Check Document) and the
preferences dialog has the spell check 'enable' button greyed-out as
well.  Any fresh ideas?

It happened to me as well when upgrading to developer snapshots from
1.0.8. Spelling was completely greyed out, no way to use it. The problem
was clearly of Evolution since other apps used it well, i reverted back
to 1.0.8 and all is working well.

Thanks for that feedback, Carlos. I kind of suspected that my problem
would not be unique.  I guess I now face the dilemma of going back or
waiting for a few developer snapshots to pass and then just keep going
forward?  Meantime, my memory of spelling and my time spent proof
reading is being given a good workout.

Gavin.