Re: VIRUS!! RE: [Evolution] Look,my beautiful girl friend VIRUS

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 16:28, Aaron Kemp wrote:

Attachements over email are ALWAYS a bad idea IMHO. I'd rather receive a
link to a document/executable/tarball/etc.  Let's face it, email isn't
exactly the most efficient transfer method for files, even apart from
all the security concerns : )

I know the mail transprot system isn't realy geard up for it, but that
problem asside I find it really really useful.

I keep all work related email, including the attachmets in the email
application.  It's there for ever, I can find it when I need it etc...
If it was all linked then I would have to serch my email, open an app to
down load it, hope the server wasn't down (hey, it does happen) and then
down load it.

Not  the end of the world, but much easier if it's here.  And lets face
it, if outlook didn't alow automatic execution of attachments then the
whole email virus problem wouldn't exist, and hence the major security
problems.

Useing evo of course my only security issue is the stability of the
lates unstable snapshots... umm yeah, that about sums up my IQ for you
huh?

--

*
*  Rob Brown-Bayliss