Re: [Evolution] Spam Blocking :: Bayesian Filtering

fre, 2002-08-16 kl. 21:04 skrev Christopher Ness:

In order for this filtering to occur it cannot happen on the server - I
suppose it could, but would be very taxing on resources - since each
person needs to taylor (pun intended) the probabilities of tokens
(words) to the type of spam and valid emails they get both in the
message and the header.

Hmmm ... let's just say that I don't agree with this. Nor do 1,001
(10,001, 100,001?) Unix sysadmins that use Spamassassin.

Can others see how valuable a leading edge feature like this could be in
Evo?

What on earth is the point of duplicating, quadrupling, 10-folding,
100-folding, 1000-folding a service that can take place at a single
point? Even if the spam attacks are so horrendous, that one has to have
a dedicated smtp router to cope with it? Which may or may not be likely.

How about going back to the time when there was no virus (G*d save us,
Microsoft clients) scanner on the incoming servers?

Sorry, but the idea does not appeal and I would not use it.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:         tonni billy demon nl
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key: http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:       (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:         (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981