[Evolution] Re: mbox.ibex

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 04:53, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

It's safe to delete these. They are just body indexes (they keep a
record of which messages contain which words so that 'body contains'
searches are really fast).

My situation is that I have /home on the NFS server with backup, and
I've noticed that using the body index slowed down Evo quite a lot. I've
had much better performance since I've switched body indexes off. (I'm
not blaming Evolution, it's a bigger issue with the NFS server).

It would be great if I could move them to a local, fast disk. Is the
location of mbox.ibex configurable, for example editing the folder
configuration file?

--
Alessio F. Bragadini            alessio albourne com
APL Financial Services          http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
                -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925