Re: [Evolution] Bugzilla/QA questions

On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 14:01, Richard Zach wrote:
Hey,

1. If you mark a bug "Future" because it misses the feature freeze for a
release, is anyone going to look at it afterwards?  I've seen several
bugs reported by Ximian folks or Ximian people said "this would be good
to have, but it won't make 1.0" and it doesn't look like anyone's
revisited the bug after 1.0 got released.

After we released 1.0, we looked through the Future category and decided
which features we wanted to shoot for for 1.2 and then changed their
milestone to 1.2 and began implementing them. Just because we haven't
commented on them in a while doesn't mean we don't know they exist :-)

Eventually we'll get to them, it just takes time.

2. Is it ok for us lowly user-testers to set the milestone field (eg, in
cases like the above)?

No, because this will just get in the way. It's much easier for us to
decide what is most needed/doable in a certain timeframe. If everyone
started changing milestones of bugs it would just cause confusion
anyway.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast