Re: [Fwd: Re: [Evolution] How to initiate pilot-sync with Evolution]

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 17:19, Neil Weisenfeld wrote:

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 00:26, Robert Franken wrote:
My PilotVx works fine with jpilot, but it'd like to sync my todos,
contacts, calender and mail with Evolution.  If, straight after boot, I
open Evolution and press the Hotsync button, nothing happens.  I'm
running Mandrake 8.2.

I find that you have to at least "visit" the control panel for the Pilot
link once in order to start gpilotd.  Go to Tools->Pilot Settings and then
just cancel and close.   I'm not sure if there's an init script for it or if
you have to tuck it away somewhere manually, but I'm sure you could set it
up to start on boot.

Try putting the PilotSync applet in a GNOME panel. This should ensure
that gpilotd is active when GNOME starts.

--
I want something that'll give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the