Re: [Evolution] Regex problems

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 12:38:27PM -0700, Sean Kasun wrote:
I'm trying to set up a spam filter that filters out messages with heavy
use of caps.

The filter I'm trying to use is a Regex Match on Message Body:

([[:upper:]]{3,}[[:space:]]+){4,}

It matches at least 4 words in a row that are all caps and at least 3
letters long.

The problem is, it's flagging on nearly everything.  My best guess is
that the upper tag is matching lowercase too.

That's correct.  evolution is doing a case-insensitive regcomp (i.e.
with REG_ICASE).  There's no way (without recompiling) to alter this,
as far as I know.

   - Ian