[Evolution] Pilot problem - assertion failed in goad.c

Hi everyone.  So, I've seen no mention at all about how one actually
goes about synchronizing the palm with Evolution.  Is it an option
somewhere in Evo menus?  Do you have to do it through gnomecc?  Do you
just press the hot sync button while in Evo?  I've noticed nothing new
in Evolution.  I am now running the Beta 4 release.

I am getting this error when I try clicking either the "Pilot Link" or
"Pilot Conduits" in the (NEW, beta) Gnome CC.

Any ideas?

-----------------------------
aborting...
Message: Pilot name -> MyPilot
Message: Pilot id   -> 2236
Message: Pilot username -> Eric Lambart
Message: Pilot creation/rom = 0/0
Message: Pilot sync_action -> synchronize
Message: Cradle Type -> Serial
Message: cradle device name -> Cradle
Message: cradle device name -> /dev/ttyS0
Message: Pilot Speed  -> 57600
Message: Timeout -> 2
gpilotd-Message: Initing gnome vfs

** WARNING **: Could not get name service!

** ERROR **: file goad.c: line 660 (real_goad_server_activate):
assertion failed: (name_service != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
aborting...

TIA,
Eric