Re: [Evolution] Why did I have to...?

Am Die, 2001-09-25 um 17.26 schrieb 1001431570:
Why did I have to uninstall Jpilot for installing evolution last
snapshot?...i dowonload the rpm's by Ximian RedCarpet...and when i tried
to upgrade Evo...it asked me to uninstall jpilot (what i like a
lot)...and i did it..thinking that Evo could sync with my
Palm...but...it doesnt (at least by default...i guess)...so....why the
Evo rpm asked me to uninstall some files...if it can sync with the
Palm...
The first thing that there is used an other version of libpisock.
Normaly Jpilot is compiled against libpsock.so.3.
You can compile Jpilot with libpisock.so.4, it will work.
The secound thing...
Kris Newman told me to install the controll center plus from ximian
preview. If you do this you have previous to download libgtkhtml.15 by
hand from the ftp server and to install it with --oldpackage.
After tht you can install the control center an than everything works
fine.
The only thing is that you can nothing do with your memos. There is no
programm (as i know) to read the memo database from the pilot.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jürgen Meurer