From: JP Rosevear [mailto:jpr ximian com]
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2001 9:53 PM
To: DCA Information
Cc: evolution ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Pilot problem; copy/paste problem

On Sat, 2001-09-22 at 20:30, DCA Information wrote:
1. After updating to beta 3 of evolution, I now see the evolution pilot
conduits in the Gnome control center. I have set those up; I can
successfully get the ID from my palmpilot (and by the way I had it
working just fine for the last couple years with Jpilot, which the
install of beta 3 removed apparently due to some library conflice...),
and the gpilot-applet and gpilotd daemons are running. But when I try
and hotsync by pushing the cradle button, the pilot hangs at
"identifying user". I've tried a number of things, including deleting
and reinitializing the pilot link info, but to no avail. "Local Basedir"
defaults to ~/MyPilot. There's nothing in this directory (probably
because I haven't successfully hotsync'd!). This is, by the way, on
RH7.1.

Can you drop to the command line and do the following:
1. killall gpilotd
2. gdb gpilotd
3. "r" to run it
4. Sync

See what it spews out.

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com