[Evolution] Pilot problem; copy/paste problem

1. After updating to beta 3 of evolution, I now see the evolution pilot conduits in the Gnome control center. I have set those up; I can successfully get the ID from my palmpilot (and by the way I had it working just fine for the last couple years with Jpilot, which the install of beta 3 removed apparently due to some library conflice...), and the gpilot-applet and gpilotd daemons are running. But when I try and hotsync by pushing the cradle button, the pilot hangs at "identifying user". I've tried a number of things, including deleting and reinitializing the pilot link info, but to no avail. "Local Basedir" defaults to ~/MyPilot. There's nothing in this directory (probably because I haven't successfully hotsync'd!). This is, by the way, on RH7.1.

2. Can't copy text from a message in the "sent" folder to a new message (or anywhere else, for that matter). Is this a feature or bug? There's no cut/copy/paste commands in the edit menu in the message window.

Thanks in advance,
Mike