[Evolution] Re: Addressbook problems: Was Trouble with Contacts

What version of the address book are you using?

Remind me of how to find the version on my machine.

I'm wondering if it's worth downgrading to the previous stable version
of Evo.

Is anybody else that you're aware of having similar Evo address book
problems?

This whole thing sounds like an addressbook version issue to me. Thing
is, why was the addressbook not updated during the RC update?  Probably
because Ximian are relying on test-users to do a manual addressbook
upgrade.

I'm unimpressed with Ximian software right now.  Even their web site is
"stuffed up".  Links don't necessarily go to what I think is the right
place.  I tried to find the binaries for an updated RC.  Couldn't find
any!  Web site had links to download RC, links pointed to Desktop
download page.  I downloaded the source in the end, but prefer to have
version control through RPM.

What's your version of RC, mine's red-carpet-1.0.1.1-ximian.2.
I'm currently having the sort of problems where RC won't connect to the
ximian server. RC was having problems living next to my current version
of Evo.  When Evo crashed, RC crashed.

This is not a good advert for Ximian software!