Re: [Evolution] Reply using original account

On Fri, 2001-08-31 at 12:35, Mark Neill wrote:
On 31 Aug 2001, Peter Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2001-08-31 at 12:29, Alec Edworthy wrote:
Is this normal (and I am I expecting too much of Evolution) or is this a
minor bug?

I don't think Evolution can reliably figure out which account to use in
this situation. As in, I think you're expecting too much...

How does Evo determine the account to use in the first place?  I assume by
parsing to: and cc: headers, right?

Would it be possible to, if there is no matching addy in To: or CC:, to
check the last "Received by:" header, and see if the address _there_
matches any of the defined accounts?  Wouldn't be perfect, but it might
catch a lot of the mailing-list problems.

This is basically how it works.  Evolution keeps track of which one of
your accounts a message was received from, and will use the identity
associated with that account for replies if it can't find any of your
addresses in to: or cc:.

For example, I subscribe to this mailing list through my trow ximian com
address.  So when I hit reply, that is the default From: address that is
chosen -- even though none of my addresses appear in to: or cc:, and
even though my default account is my trow gnu org email.

This is how it _should_ work, and how it works for me.  If this isn't
the behavior that you are observing, then either your mail accounts are
misconfigured somehow or there is a bug that should be reported to
bugzilla.ximian.com.

-JT