Re: [Evolution] RedHat 7.2 (off topic)

On 24 Oct 2001, Ken Guest wrote:

hmm. it's probably doing some checking on the UserAgent header and the
UserAgent header that lynx sends wasn't coded for.

No, that's not it.   It doesn't care what's in the UserAgent header.  It's
just a shell script.

No, I've looked at the installer and the error I get is output by a
function called bail_os which is supposed to happen if:

* The output of uname -s is anything other than Linux or SunOS
* The output of uname -m is anything other than ppc, i[3456]86, or sun4
* or the distro is not in its list.

And of course RH 7.2 is not in the list.  Even the manual installer for RH
7.2 (referenced from
http://www.ximian.com/download/instructions.html?distribution=manual) at
ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-gnome/installers/installer-rpm-glibc2.2-i386.gz
didn't work.

Did anyone at Ximian actually try to install Ximian Gnome from scratch on
a fresh install of 7.2 before saying the installer supports 7.2?  I really
would like to get Evolution back up and running.

Brian