Re: [Evolution] Redhat 7.2

On Mon, 2001-10-22 at 15:21, Janne Morén wrote:
I'm about to install redhat 7.2, and I'm wondering if anybody has been
able to install evolution (or, indeed Ximian Gnome) under the betas;
will the 7.1 RPM:s work if I remove the original Gnome rpm:s?

While it's often not the most reliable news source, slashdot's article
on 7.2's release states the following:

 If you're upgrading from the previous Red Hat 7.1 and you're using
 Ximian GNOME, then you might want to erase all Ximian GNOME RPMS (use
 the command: rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep -i ximian` --nodeps to erase the
 RPMS). Red Hat's GNOME RPMS has been more tested then Ximian's one and
 there is a conflict between them. You cannot use Red-Carpet on Redhat
 7.2 as it will fail with the RPM libraries.

Not that I can make an immense amount of sense of the English or
technical meaning in there, but it seems that things aren't too well
supported at the moment.  I'm sure that RH7.2 is one of Ximian's main
target platforms, though, so it won't be too long before things are
fixed.

~C.

--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris void $a | www.$a | finger: chris $a
         "In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."