Re: [Evolution] Evolution's slowness

I used to have this problem. It was a bug with oaf..but they fixed it.

try this see if it speeds things up

killev

rm -rf /tmp/orbit*

killall oafd

then log out and log in again

see if evolution runs faster..if so...see about updating your oaf

this worked for me...good luck

On Tue, 2001-10-09 at 02:04, John J Tobin wrote:
For some reason evolution loads and runs extremely slow on my system. MY
system is a 900 mhz athlon with 512 MB of ram. evolution takes about 30
to 45 seconds to load. I am running glibc 2.2.3 and gnome 1.4.1 with
about all the latest libraries that are required. Also when running
evolution takes a long time to open reply windows and new message
windows. I was wondering if there is a known problem with a fix.

--
John Tobin
ogre sirinet net; AOL IM: ogre7929