Re: [Evolution] pilot-link handles UTF-8 conversions

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 21:15, Paul Oliver wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I just got me a Palm Pilot, and I've been having a heck of a time
getting Evolution to sync with it.  Well getting evolution to configure
anyway.

I have pilot-link 0.9.6 installed using:
./configure --with-perl5=no --with-java=no --with-tcl=no
--with-python=no; make; make install

And then I installed gnome-pilot (from CVS) using:
./autogen.sh --with-pisock=/usr/local; make; make install

And finally I've tried installing evolution (from CVS) using:
./autogen.sh --with-pisock=/usr/local --enable-pilot-conduits=yes

Well I'm getting this problem when I run autogen.sh for evolution:

. . .
checking for gnome-config... (cached) /usr/local/bin/gnome-config
checking for gnome-pilot environment... no
configure: warning: gnome-pilot development package not installed or
installation problem
checking if pilot-link handles UTF-8 conversions... no
configure: error: evolution requires pilot-link to have working UTF-8
conversion routines
$>

I think you need to make sure pilot-link is compiled with iconv support,
maybe using the --with-libiconv option.

What OS are you using?

JP will be able to tell you more.

Damon