Re: [Evolution] Xinerama

At 08:30 27/11/2001 +0000, you wrote:
On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 21:45, Geoff Beaumont wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-11-23 at 10:56, Ian Stuart wrote:
> > Have you tried the mgapdesk util (from matrox - needs the latest mga
> > drivers too), and tried the 'Merged' mode?
> >
> > It's non-xinerama, but uses the mga-hal drivers to give you a single
> > display, spread across two monitors...
> >
> > (ie instead of two 1280x1024, you get one 2560x1024 - its xinerama, but
> > it's not :)
>
> mgapdesk flatly refuses to compile on my machine (for reasons I can't
> fathom), but the Matrox drivers seem to have done the trick anyway -
> Evo's been stable under Xinerama for a couple of days now. Lovely ;c)
Excellent!

Must have been an X / mga(_hal?) problem..

I'm surprised that only Evolution got caught by it (unless it was one of
the sub-engines that was dying, taking Evo. with it..)

Meant to send the last mail to the list (sorry Ian, forgot Evo list doesn't change
reply-to to itself).

I'm guessing a relatively low level Gnome library - but only because while Evo
seemed to be the only thing affected, after it had hung nothing short of
restarting X would get it to work (that I could find anyway).

Geoff Beaumont
Geoff stormhammer com