[Evolution] Filter related crash

Hi, all,

In the past month, my copy of the Evolution has been crashing every time
I fetch mail.  And I've been sending some Bug Buddy reports to bugzilla.

After I downloaded the RC2 today and I still see the crash, I started a
little investigation.  And here's what I've found out.

1.  If I 'mv ~/evolution ~/evolution.old' and then start Evolution, the
crash won't happen.  A new ~/evolution folder will be created.

2.  If I move the new ~/evolution folder out of the way and move the old
~/evolution folder back, and then start Evolution, the crash returns.

3.  A noticeable difference between the two ~/evolution folders is that
my old ~/evolution folder has some filters defined, while the new one
obviously does not.

4.  If I move the ~/evolution/filters.xml from the old ~/evolution
folder away, and then start Evolution, the crash won't happen.

5.  If I move the filters.xml back, and then restart Evolution, the
crash returns.

Based on the above circumstantial evidence, I suspect that my
filters.xml file is the culprit of the crashes.  And I will use
Evolution without it for a while.

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao networkusa net