[Evolution] Standard format for e-mail account definitions?

As I bounce around between various mail clients, I wonder -

Is there a format standard for defining mail accounts?  It would be
great if I could store my mail account definitions on a server
somewhere, point a new mail client at it, and have it automagically
discover my accounts, aliases, servers, protocols, authentication
preferences, encryption requirements, etc.

Something similar would be nice for mail filter definitions as well.