Re: [Evolution] Transfer of data

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 00:31, Damon Chaplin wrote:
On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 21:13, Gerhard Schuck wrote:
Hello,

which are the relevant files if I want to transfer lets say the ToDo Database from one computer to
another? I tried just to copy ~/evolution/local/Tasks/tasks.ics but evolution doesn't accept this file.
It just replaces the file automatically with the original one. So there must be a backup mechanism in the
background which I don't understand. I didn't find anything in the documentation.

By the way, is this the right place to ask such questions? I asked the same question in users ximian com
but got no answer there.

I think your problem is that the wombat server is still running, since
it is used to popup reminders. And it keeps the Todos/Events in memory.

So you have to quit evolution, run killev to kill the wombat, then
copy the new file into position.

also (cleaner way), you could use the new iCalendar importer
(File/Import) to import the tasks.ics file from the other computer.

cheers