[Fwd: Re: [Evolution] Evolution over ethernet]

I am currently running 99.1, 2001.11.14.08.58 over ethernet.  Serving
20+ Thin client.

I have a Rh 7.0 on a dual 1000Mhz processor with 2 Gig of RAM, this
server is the home for several office/desktop applications, WordPerfect8
for Linux, Ximian's Nautlius, Evolution, Netscape 4.78, rvxt, to name
the most used.

We also have 22 other servers on the network running SCO OpenServer7 and
Unixware 7 for our "City/Government applications" with about 200+ users
base, so the network has a heavy traffic, but response is fine.

These applications are then executed on remote DISPLAY's of Thin Clients
off the network.  The Thin Clients are Neoware's, EON running an
embedded version of RH6.0, with X11R6/fvwm95 as the Windows Manager.  We
have been very happy with this project and plan on implementing this
across the network for the City of Kenosha.

Without Evolution, I would have never been able to sell this setup to
the end-user.  We are saving hundreds of thousand dollars by not having
to buy into the Micro$oft cash cow.  Of course it is also helpful that
we are a government and we do not have access to the kind of cash that
the corporate world pumps into IS, so we learn to make things work on a
low budget.... :)

Anyways, YES Evolution over ethernet works fine.