Re: [Evolution] Return receipts

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 17:35, Luis Villa wrote:
Nope. We'll be happy to take [a patch for return receipts], though.

I'm not sure about that.

        * Return receipts are not a standard feature of internet mail.
          In the Outlook/Exchange world, you can be reasonably sure that
          most of the people you send mail to are running the same
          software you are, so if you request a receipt, you'll probably
          get it. This is not true for the majority of Evolution users.
          Thus, the implementation of the feature would need to make it
          clear that it wasn't reliable.
        * Return receipts are a big potential privacy violation.
        From: hitman mafia org
        To: witness-protection-program-members fbi gov
    So we would have to add a dialog asking if it's ok to send a return
    receipt, and probably some config gui for "never send return
    receipts" or "always send return receipts to people in this domain
    without asking" and stuff.
        * You need to keep track of when the user has already sent a
          return receipt. In particular, if you read the message via
          IMAP on two different machines, it should not ask you about
          sending a return receipt the second time.

-- Dan