[Fwd: [Evolution] 2nd snapshot of 2001.10.31 now broke worse]

Same here. The processes all seem to be running, but once the splash screen disappears no other window ever appears.

-Ron

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Evolution] 2nd snapshot of 2001.10.31 now broke worse
Date: 31 Oct 2001 21:27:30 -0500
From: Michael Leone <turgon mike-leone com>

The 2nd snapshot - 2001.10.31.2256 - won't even start for me. I don't
even get a splash screen. (using RH 7 snaps on Mdk 8.1)

If I start evolution-mail in 1 xterm, and evolution in another, I get a
splash screen, but nothing more. Showing processes lists many of the evo
threads - alarm-notify, bonobo, etc. If I issue a "killev", I briefly
see Evolution's shell, but then it goes away.

Made sure I did a killev, killall oafd, gconftool --shutdown, rm -rf
/tmp/orbit-username before I upgraded. No luck; can't use this snap at
all.

Back to the 2001.10.29 snap again.

Michael J. Leone Registered Linux user #201348 ICQ: 50453890 AIM: MikeLeone

PGP public key:

Taking a mental stroll through the psychic park of pleasure.