[Evolution] fcntl locks

My home directory is part of an NFS file system that I mount on my
machine.  The machine that stores the actual home directory has just
been upgraded to RH 7.1.

Evolution now barfs at me when it starts up.  I get a message about
synchronising folders, then it pops up a message saying that fcntl is
unable to obtain a lock (no more locks available).

I believe the real problem is that NFS doesn't do locks (so there are
indeed no locks available).  The strange thing is evolution was working
fine before the upgrade, my suspicion is that NFS has changed and is now
admitting that it doesn't do locks.

Evolution is the only app I've had problems with so far, so I'm
wondering if it is handling the fcntl error codes reasonably.

John