Re: [Evolution] Contacts gone as well...

On 23 May 2001 11:04:47 -0400, Josh Means wrote:
I'm using RH 7.1 and updated Evo via RC yesterday as well and I'm
missing my contacts.  Never had any problems before this either and now
I can't even seem to add any contacts.  Oh well, chalk another one up to
the bug list.

Check the archives. This is most likely due to the fact that some (but
not all) earlier snapshots and the previous 0.10 package were linked
with an old version of Berkeley DB, while yesterday's update is linked
with a more recent version. The archives give a way of upgrading your
addressbook.db.

The reason for yesterday's change is that many of us had contacts
created with a snapshot that was linked with the more recent Berkeley
DB, which could not be read by the previous 0.10 package with its old
version of the db library. There are commands to upgrade a db, but none
to "downgrade" it.

Do check the archives, there's much detail there on this issue, how to
diagnose it and how to try to correct it.

-- F