[Evolution] Still no Contacts

On 19 May 2001 08:40:34 -0400, Christopher James Lahey wrote:

> Other than this, you should be fine to upgrade.  I in fact discovered a
> simpler way than has been described before.  Try this:
>
> killev
> cd ~/evolution/local/Contacts/
> cp addressbook.db addressbook.db.backup
> db_upgrade addressbook.db
>
> See if your contacts reappear.  Once you're satisfied that they're
> available and safe, you can delete the backup at your leisure.
Nope, didn't work, and I compiled the latest BerkeleyDB from source.

(close Evo)
(killev)
(oaf-slay)

[turgon minas-aran Contacts]$ file addressbook.db
addressbook.db: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 5, native byte-order)
[turgon minas-aran Contacts]$ /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/bin/db_upgrade addressbook.db
[turgon minas-aran Contacts]$ file addressbook.db
addressbook.db: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 7, native byte-order)
[turgon minas-aran Contacts]$ /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/bin/db_dump -p addressbook.db
VERSION=2
format=print
type=hash
h_nelem=16
HEADER=END
PAS-DB-VERSION\00
0.1\00
pas-id-3A8B578E00000000\00

And then my records, in the new DB format.

And I still see no contacts at all.

I'm using an Evo Mandrake 7.0 rpm, on Mandrake 7.2.

It's been like close to a month since I've been able to see or access my contact list. Can't anybody please tell me something that will work, to get my contacts back?

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon mike-leone com>    ICQ: 50453890

This space for rant