[Evolution] Cannot create composer window / oafd.oafinfo

Greetings,

I've just built .10 from src and I still "cannot create composer
window."
The build appears to go fine

error message from evo-mail is

Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL for app evolution-message-composer

Bonobo-WARNING **: Activation exception 'Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0''

So, something about my setup must be broken.
the verify install script outputs

I detected the following problem: oafd.oafinfo isn't installed into Gnome's pref
ix or in OAF_INFO_PATH
Suggested solution via RPM: This problem shouldn't happen with RPM installations
. Verify your installation of Helix Gnome.
Suggested solution via sources: Re-run 'configure' in oaf's source directory wit
h the flag '--datadir=/opt/gnome/share'.

Another likely cause of this problem would be a failed installation of oaf.
You should check to see that the install succeeded. You may also add the
location of oafd.oafinfo to the environment variable OAF_INFO_PATH

I've followed these instructions but to no avail. Again I'm trying to
install oaf-0.6.5 from src.

What do I have to do to generate oafd.oafinfo. It isn't installed
anywhere on my system

should I be posting this on gnome-components instead?

Simon Brown, Simon at cliffestones.demon.co.uk
DH/DSS Public key 0x93BE39C9
RSA    Public key 0x9052E271